This has several of us stumped.  What is the proper mathematical term for the geometric solid that is represented by an egg?  Best guesses here include an oblong sphere and an ovoid.  Help!


OVOID is probably the most-often used term for an egg-shaped solid. (In fact, it comes from the Latin word for egg.) You can, of course, also say, "egg-shaped;" that way everybody knows what you mean.