Subject: exponents

I am wondering if a number raised to the second power is "squared" and a number raised to the third power is "cubed" is there a name for any number raised to any other power.

thank you very much


After the third power I have only heard "to the fourth power" or" to the fifth power", sometimes this is shortened to "to the fourth" or "to the fifth".

Go to Math Central