- IF -(b+2)/3+2= -1, then b=?
- If the ratio of x to y is 3/2 and the ratio of x to z is 7/4, what is the ratio of y to z?
- If 4p +q= 13 and p-q=2, then pq=?
- If a is 4 more than the quotient of b and 3, and if b=2, then what is the value of a?
Thank you for your help
I will give you some help with question 4.
First you need to take the statement "a is 4 more than the quotient of b and 3" and write it as an equation.
- The quotient of b and 3 is b/3.
- Four more than the quotient of b and 3 is b/3 + 4.
- Thus a = b/3 + 4
Next let b = 2 and thus a = 2/3 + 4
Go to Math Central