What is the name of the symbole used in a long divison problem that seperates the two factors? It looks like a little house. thank you for your help,


elementary (5), student.

Hi Amanda,

This is a really interesting question. There doesn't seem to be a standard name for the symbol. A year ago we received the same question from a student named Bridget who said that her family calls this symbol "goesinta". You should look at the answer Claude sent to Bridget.

Go to Math Central