Quandaries and Queries


I am a three-digit number.When you reverse my digits,a larger number is formed.the product of me and the new number is 65,125.What number am I.


Hi Brittany,

I have two suggestions for you, one from Chris and the other from Claude.

Why not try factoring 65,125?


One number ends with 5, so the other will start with 5 and end with an odd number. The number starting with 5 will be at least 500, and 65125/500 is about 650/5 = 130, so the number ending in 5 is at most 130. This should give you an idea of which numbers to try.


Go to Math Central