Dear people at uregina,

I am a 43 year old man. I am no longer in school, I have a bachelors degree. I like to tell stories about sports in ways to make people think about the amount of time they devote to the sports. For example, while attending a church in Chicago on the north side, I would pass by Wrigley field.
I began to call it the church of the flying orb or sphere. Now if I want to tell a similar story about football (not soccer), what shape do I say a football is?

Sincerely, Peter


For his your I would call it an ellipsoid, although "pointed ellipsoid" would probably be more accurate. (Dictionaries don't have any qualms about calling an American football an ellipsoid even though the official definition of ellipsoid says that cross sections through axes have to be ellipses.)