Math CentralQuandaries & Queries


Question from alan, a student:

what is the name of the shape that is 3D and irregular?

Hi Alan,

We've had a number of suggestions like blob and lump but the best word is probably solid. If you want to insist that it not be regular then say an irregular solid.

Stephen and Penny

About Math Central


Math Central is supported by the University of Regina and The Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences.
Quandaries & Queries page Home page University of Regina PIMS