Math CentralQuandaries & Queries


Question from Darlene, a parent:

What is the equivalent decimal for 0.3 and 6.53


These are decimals already so I think you want to write an equivalent common fraction.

Let me try 3.67

You can think of 3.67 as 3.67/1 but I really want an integer divided by an integer. If you multiply the numerator and denominator by 100 the new fraction is equivalent to 3.67/1 and you obtain 367/100.

I hope this helps,

About Math Central


Math Central is supported by the University of Regina and The Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences.
Quandaries & Queries page Home page University of Regina PIMS