Math CentralQuandaries & Queries


Question from Lenny, a student:

What is a set of points in space the same given distance from its center point called?

Hi Larry,

Here's a hint. The set of points on a plane (2 dimensions) the same given distance from the center point is called a circle. Now what happens if you are talking about three dimensions in space?

Stephen La Rocque.>

About Math Central


Math Central is supported by the University of Regina and The Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences.
Quandaries & Queries page Home page University of Regina PIMS