Math CentralQuandaries & Queries


Question from Jennifer:

I would like to know how you convert whole numbers into improper fractions

Hey Jennifer,
Any whole number can be expressed as an improper fraction by simply using 1 in the denominator. For example,
15 is written as 15/1 (or 15/1 is an improper fraction!)
We can also think of it as 15 divided by 1 equals 15.
About Math Central


Math Central is supported by the University of Regina and The Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences.
Quandaries & Queries page Home page University of Regina PIMS