Math CentralQuandaries & Queries


Question from Sean, a student:

How would I graph: x - 2 divided by x^2 - 4 using a method in extreme values of
functions or completing the square

x - 2/ x^2-4

Sean why not just exempt x = +/-2 and then simplify the fraction to 1 / (x + 2) ?


About Math Central


Math Central is supported by the University of Regina and The Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences.
Quandaries & Queries page Home page University of Regina PIMS