Math CentralQuandaries & Queries


Question from Simon, a parent:

What is the name of a triangular prism with the top of the top of the prism cut off called please.
It is therefore flat on top and flat on the bottom with prism sides. Thanks.


I think the word you are looking for is truncated. A prism which has one base cut off by an intersecting plane is a truncated prism.


About Math Central


Math Central is supported by the University of Regina and The Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences.
Quandaries & Queries page Home page University of Regina PIMS