Name: Kavoos Bybordi
Who is asking: Student
Level: Secondary

I dont know how to change a reccuring decimal to a fraction please could you tell me the method.

Hi Kavoos,

Suppose that we wished to write the repeating decimal N = 1.282828 ... in the form p/q where p and q are integers. Since the period of the repeating part is 2 (the 28 is being repeated) we look at 102N. Subtracting N from 102N gives

and therefore 99 N = 127 and thus N = 1.282828 ... = 127/99



Go to Math Central