Who is asking: Student
what is the answer for 20+5+32-3+98
It might help to think of this problem as moving along the number line. Starting at zero, + means move to the right and - means move to the left.
Thus 20+5+32-3+98 = 152.
- Start at 0 and move 20 units to the right.
- Second move 5 more units to the right (20+5=25) so you are at 25.
- Third move 32 more units to the right (25+32=57) so now you are at 57.
- Now move 3 units to the left (57-3=54) so you are at 54.
- Finally move 98 units to the right (54+98=152) so you are at 152.
I hope this helps,