Subject: probability and odds

Name: leah
Who is asking: Student
Level: Secondary

Question: the chances of rain on friday, saturday, and sunday are 20%, 30%, and 50% respectively. what are the odds it will rain all three days?

Hi Leah,

The probability that it rains on Friday is 20% so the probability that it doesn't rain is 80%. The ratio 20:80 is called the odds that it rains on Friday. Since it is a ratio I could equally well have written 2:8 or 1:4.


Go to Math Central